Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Great T-shirt Quest

Rick saw a t-shirt he really liked last night at the Animal Kingdom, but they didn't have the right size, so today, after having breakfast at Fresh in the Dolphin hotel, we hopped a bus to Downtown Disney to see if we could find the right size at the World of Disney store.

We got there around 11:00 and wandered through several of the stores there. We had a great time in Once Upon a Toy, but wished we had someone to buy toys for. We were tempted to get James a Darth Vader Mr. Potato Head, but sanity finally prevailed. WOD didn't have the right size shirt either, but a cast member looked it up and found that there were some at Mouse Gear in Epcot, so after we browsed some more at the Lego store (can you find Kathy in the photo with the Lego Family?) and Virgin Records, we got on a bus to go back to the Beach Club Villas, figuring we'd walk to Epcot from there.

The bus first had to stop at Typhoon Lagoon and on the way there we figured out it would be easier to get to Mouse Gear if we took the monorail to the front entrance of Epcot, but to do that, we would have to get to the monorail station at the Transportation and Ticket Center. So we decided to get off at Typhoon Lagoon and wait for a bus to the Polynesian Resort, which is right next to the TTC. We waited about 20 minutes for the Polynesian bus to arrive at Typhoon Lagoon, got off at the Poly an walked to the TTC, and finally, an hour, two buses, a monorail ride, and lots of walking later, we reached Epcot. Good thing we had no special plans for today! Thankfully, Mouse Gear had the shirt (on the model at left), and I also bought a pink hoodie with a small Minnie Mouse on it.

From Mouse Gear, we went over to the Living Seas to look at the Coral Reef's lunch menu, decided not to eat there, but did ride The Seas with Nemo and Friends, and then walked to the World Showcase. We settled on lunch at the Lotus Blossom Cafe in China, where we had sesame chicken salads and green tea. After our lunch, we walked back to the BCV where we had a swim and a soak in the hot tub - great therapy for an over-worked sore knee.

Back in the room we made popcorn and had a glass of wine before we headed out to the Magic Kingdom to see the Wishes fireworks and SpectroMagic parade. We shopped a little in the Emporium, had supper at Pecos Bill's and did a few rides during the first showing of the SpectroMagic parade. After Wishes, we stayed for the late parade at 11:00 and finally got back to our room around 1 a.m. after our bus driver took a very long detour to avoid a huge traffic backup on our route.

I feel like we're just getting into our vacation groove, but we only have two days left! No matter how long we stay here, it's never quite long enough!

No comments: