Saturday, January 15, 2011

Disney Vacation Club Update

As I mentioned in my last post from our November Disney World trip, Rick and I were considering becoming DVC members. Well - we did it!

After checking out what was available via re-sale (much cheaper than buying direct from Disney), we settled on the Saratoga Springs Resort, where we stayed on that trip. We checked what was available through the Timeshare Store, and found a contract we liked. We made an offer that was accepted, waited 30 days for Disney to exercise their Right of First Refusal (which they waved), and finally closed on our property this week. We are now official DVC members!

We're planning our first trip as owners for next December and I am anxiously waiting for our membership to get into Disney's computers so that I can make our reservations. We'll start out with an 8-day reservation at SSR (since we can reserve at our home resort 11 months out), and at the 7-month mark, when we can make reservations at any of the DVC properties, we'll see if we can change all or part of the reservation to either the Boardwalk or Beach Club Villas, since we like to be near Epcot during the holidays.

DVC membership is something I've been coveting for quite some time and I'm very happy that we've finally taken the plunge!

No comments: