Sunday, January 11, 2009

We Made It!

After a harrowing 3am drive to the Manchester, NH airport during a snow storm in which visibility was almost zero at times and we had to keep stopping to de-ice our windshield wipers, our plane took off only a little late and we arrived in warm and sunny Orlando around 10am.

We took Disney's Magical Express from the airport and checked into the beautiful Saratoga Springs Resort. We were pleasantly surprised to learn our room was ready, so we were able to find it and freshen up a bit before taking a boat over to Downtown Disney where we had a reservation for lunch at Raglan Road. This is an Irish pub and today it was almost deserted. The food and service were excellent. We shared their famous bread pudding for dessert. After lunch we found the walking path back to SSR. It only took about 15 minutes and was a pleasant alternative to riding the bus - and much needed after that bread pudding.

Back at the room, we each took a short nap. Neither of us bothered going to bed last night since we had to leave so early for the airport. We slept some on the plane, but we were still feeling the effects of our all-nighter. After our nap, we found the bus stop near our building and waited about 15 minutes for a bus to Epcot.

Crowds were quite light at Epcot. I hope this is going to be the trend this week. We started in the front of the park in Future World, rode Spaceship Earth (a walk-on) and then headed over to The Land to pick up a Fast Pass for Soarin'. It was now a little after 5 pm and the Fast Pass return time was posted at between 8 and 9pm. As we approached the Fast Pass machines, a young lady approached Rick and gave him two Fast Passes for 5:24 that she wasn't able to use. So we rode Living With the Land while waiting for our Fast Pass window to open and then rode Soarin', always a favorite.

After that we took a Friendship boat across the lagoon to the World Showcase and watched American Adventure. We had a snack at the fast food place in Morocco while listening to their band. Mo' Rockin'. Then we walked back to the front of the park again to catch a bus back to the resort. We rode Spaceship Earth once more on the way out and found our bus just pulling up as we approached the bus stop.

We're calling it an early night. Today's pace was nice and leisurely, but we are bushed.

No comments: